Monday, January 26, 2015

Veggie Cocktal


The key is to chop all of the ingredients into tiny cubes. I know it sounds like it will take a long time, and it probably will, but it will be totally worth it. Don't get irritated by it, rather, enjoy the process of preparing this awesomeness. I've found that chopping the veggies allows me to connect with my food by admiring their beautiful bright colors, their scent and textures. And rather than rushing, I take my time, sometimes I mentally chant mantras such as Sa Ta Na Ma, one syllable per every cut, it gives me the opportunity to meditate. If I had a stressful day, I soon find out as I chop and chant how relaxed and calm I become. Chanting mantras not only stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, but it also makes cooking a joyful and fun experience while being present at the moment. Give it a try! If you don't want to chant, you can create your own mantra sounds, or even count. 

The portions of this recipe are limitless! Just make sure that all of the ingredients are proportionate to each other, so if you use one cup of tomatoes, use one cup of each and every other veggie ingredient. Also, don't forget to remove the seeds of the green peppers if you don't want the cocktail to be too spicy. Once you have mixed all of the veggies in a bowl, add the marinade ingredients and mix well. Finally garnish with cilantro and avocado slices. Sat Nam

Ingredients:
Tomatoes 
Red onion
Cucumber
Celery
Red radish
1 tbsp of chia seeds
Cilantro (save some to garnish)
Serrano pepper to taste
Serve with slices of avocado 

Marinade: 
Olive Oil
The juice of approximately 3 lemons
Salt and pepper
Soy sauce 
A pinch of cayenne powder




No comments:

Post a Comment